Monday, May 21, 2007

Denim Demon SS07 in stores

So, the new Denim Demon collection has been in stores for a while now, and I just wanted to give you a heads up.
I've written about this earlier - the new thing is a new, slimmer cut(Aahka) and a new, heavier type of denim, 14,5oz instead of 13.25oz.
I said before that the two different fabrics are very similar, but after seeing them side by side I have to say they're not. The old denim has a greenish tint while the new denim is very blue. The texture is a little different as well.
I really couldn't say that either is better though, it's definitely just a matter of taste.

Also, if you're not in Sweden, it'll be a lot easier to get your hands on a pair now as Sneakersnstuff is now selling the jeans online.
They have pictures of the fit when the jeans are sized up and worn low, but they look a lot different when worn high, like I prefer to do.
Hopefully I will be able to get pictures of this soon.

For now, you'll have to make do with these pictures. They're of the first edition Aajja after two and a half months of wear.



3 comments:

\︶ι.﹀/ said...

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o79/ken1148/48.jpg

Anonymous said...

jinx

out of curiosity what do Aajja and Aahka mean? they sound like the sounds i make when i am very annoyed with something... :D

also regarding the bayicon jeans in the post before this (you removed comments for that?): to be honest the jeans feel rather flimsy to the touch...and the rivets are terrible. the head keep popping off!

spacelounge said...

Hi, Aajja and Aahka mean grandfather and grandmother in Samian, which is the family's heritage.

I don't know what happened with the comment function for the Bayicon post, it just didn't show up :(.
I heard that they had a problem with the rivets a while ago when the factory used the wrong kind, but that should have been solved by now..
If they still exhibit this problem I think it's very bad, they should have made sure it would never happen again.
What I don't like about Bayicon is the fact that they use flat finish denim which is treated with ammonia and proabably gives the 'flimsy' feeling you're talking about.
The ltd ed isn't made with this kind of denim though, which is a good thing.
Bayicon has potential, I like their details and so on, but they've still got things to improve on and I hope they recognize that.