Wednesday, September 03, 2008

The Flat Head 3003XX 3 months

After the Samurai contest I needed a break from jeans and wore a pair of 1940's Blue Bell chinos a lot, and occasionally my LVC 1920 201s. After some months of just wearing what I felt like for the day, I finally got around to wearing my Flat Head jeans and have been doing so for three months.
I had seen pictures of the Flat Head 3000-series denim so I knew that it held its color well through washes. Lucky for me, because it didn't take more than three months before I really needed to wash my jeans.

This is before the first wash.









Compared to the Samurai Texas denim, the Flat Head 3000 denim is darker and less slubby, but it still has very pronounced vertical threads.

I washed the jeans in 40*C with a phosphate-free and of course also bleach-free detergent.





As you can see, the color didn't change much with the wash and that's the mark of great jeans.

At the time of writing this post I've actually wore them one or two more months and am waiting for them to dry after their second wash. They won't be getting much more wear after this though, because I'm getting another pair of contest jeans in just a week or so.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

denim looks great. i love how flatheads don't lose their color after washes like that. kudos on another great pair

iservepharmacy said...

Those are some really ugly pants, specially the double folding at the end.

Ali said...

Amazing collection of jeans pants and They look very comfortable..

Motorcycle Jackets

sex shop blog said...

This can't work in reality, that is exactly what I suppose.

mainlymilitary said...

Goodness, there is a lot of useful data here!

Forest Owls said...

This was lovely thanks for sharing this